Roberts Seth Price – Senior Scholar and Consultant with National Urban Alliance
Robert and Augusta Mann were the two consultants for National Urban Alliance partnering with Buffalo Public School 61 Arthur O. Eve School of Distinction through the office of Office of Strategic Planning & Innovation between the school year 2016-2019. Both presented regular whole staff professional development, and demonstrations in all classes and grade levels. Robert documented the collaboration (see videos below) to both share the successes and use as a reflection tool. The video clips include teachers, students and school leaders.
The Professional Development with Buffalo City Schools included training for educators, support staff, in classroom demonstrations, instructional coaches, local university representatives, and site-based Instructional leaders.
The Course of Study was designed around the High Operational Practices of the Pedagogy of Confidence™ providing the framework to:
- improve classroom climate;
- empower student self-directed learning;
- inform culturally responsive teaching;
- achieve high intellectual performance;
- increase student engagement and motivation;
- connect learning goals for sustainability and teacher professional growth;
- understanding and use of common core state standards.
The video clips provide an understanding of NUA’s collaboration with Buffalo Public School 61 through the observations and reflections of administrators, teachers and most importantly the students.